Monday, January 26, 2009

poster.....bangladesh parjatan corporetion


This collage art poster was created for Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation, the Government body that directs the tourism and other related sector of Bangladesh. As the Royal Bengal Tiger has drawn attraction of the whole world, and as it mesmerizes me as well, I have taken the tiger as my theme. Myths and legends say that the tiger appears like a flash of lightening, it comes out of the dense forest and hedges all on a sudden. Inspired by this saying I have done the collage pasting all other papers on black paper background. Some part of the collage are done in detail, and some are not. This is to portray the suddenness, the speed and the surprise of the event as one cannot really grasp the whole moment. We can see suggestions of the hedges while the stripes are done in detail. The papers for the detail parts were collected with utmost carefulness to make it the way I imagined.
And overall I believe this poster can attract many tourists to the beauty of the land and the tiger which is undoubtedly beyond description.

3 comments: